System Flush Engineer
System Flush Engineer
This opportunity is in based in the Augusta, Georgia area with a single-status company relocation to Georgia.
Bantrel has an exciting opportunity to send an Intermediate System Flush Engineer to the Vogtle Electrical Generating Plant, located near Waynesboro, Georgia. The scope of work is the construction of a 2-unit nuclear power plant with a combined capacity of 2,400 MW. This project will allow Bantrel the opportunity to train and build nuclear capability into our teams as well as provide long term careers for interested individuals. The expected duration of these roles is 18+ months.
At the peak of construction, this vital project will employ up to 5,000 on site. These positions will include building tradespeople, engineers, field supervisors, construction and project managers, quality assurance professionals, safety professionals, procurement, subcontract specialists and many others.
The System Flush Field Engineer is responsible for the flushing activities relating to construction engineering within the piping discipline. Duties include interpreting piping design drawings and specifications, leak testing and cleaning/flushing, field verification of materials, and technical direction to field piping personnel as required. This position is not considered the design authority for the project, but only to enforce piping construction per design. This position may be assigned to night shift and will require working overtime. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the facility is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with engineering on constructability and design issues relating to the piping discipline such as piping installation, maintenance, and flush testing.
• Establish piping design/field engineering working relationship and lines of communication with the Project Engineer, including agreement on piping engineering deliverables and overall construction application configuration management.
• Responsible for quantity take-off, control, tracking, reporting and forecasting for the piping discipline.
• Specify the criteria for construction of temporary piping construction facilities as required.
• Coordinate with Field Supervision and Subcontractors to plan/support construction schedules.
• Plan and recommend piping procedures to be implemented by Field Supervision to ensure construction operations are within requirements of engineering design and specifications.
• Work with customer’s resident engineering and operating personnel to coordinate piping construction activities.
• Undertake piping testing including leak testing and cleaning/flushing.
• Perform other duties as required by Bechtel management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Subject Matter Expert regarding nuclear power plant initial test program flushing related activities
• Plan, coordinate and supervise system flushing and cleaning activities
• Coordinate flushing activities with system completion & implementation of design changes
• Provide feedback regarding system enhancements and design errors
• Develop and maintain flushing plans and procedures.
• Must be a Canadian Citizen
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience, or 12 years of relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
• Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk downs which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
• Must be able to pass nuclear security screening
• Ability to work flexible schedules
• Ability to pass visual acuity and color vision tests
• Experience with accessing and implementing internal cleaning methods on partial systems
• Experience in system flushing and NSSS and BOP integrated flushing techniques on all fluid systems (oil, water and gas)
• Experience in operation, testing or maintenance of commercial nuclear facility (PWR preferred)
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-070-FE6-Aug19-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.