As SmartPlant Instrumentation Administrator you will work in the Systems department and will support the integrated SmartPlant environment. This position will work with other team members, Engineering and Design Departments to provide operational and development support.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setup and management of new and existing engineering projects within SmartPlant Instrumentation.
- SmartPlant Foundation integration support
- Maintain the reference database including transfers, reports, data integrity, database constraints report and resolutions
- Reference data customizations as required by the project including symbols, rules, display sets, filters and reports.
- Troubleshooting Oracle, SQL database and SmartPlant Enterprise integration and software issues.
- Contribute to project documentation including detailed procedures, standards and work instructions.
- Contribute to the quality management plan by developing and executing data quality audits and resolutions
- Providing user-support to project resources
- Identifying potential areas where policies & procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed
- Managing and maintaining application backups.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce overall costs and improve end user performance
- User education and training for new hires and end users to become proficient with SmartPlant Instrumentation.
- Identifying potential service level problems and facilitating solutions
- Scheduling and prioritizing work to accommodate user needs with minimum impact
- Continually seeking opportunities to increase end-user satisfaction
- Documenting configuration changes and processes
- Interface with all additional related software such as Smart 3D, SmartPlant P&ID SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL), SmartPlant Foundation (SPF) and SmartPlant Materials (SPM).
- We are looking for a person with minimum 5 years of experience in support, integration and development of SPI including but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science or 10+ years of industry experience with 5+ years of directly related technical knowledge and experience on at least two projects, and 5+ years of SmartPlant Instrumentation administration experience is required.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering workflow and document management
- In-depth knowledge and experience working in an integrated environment
- Working knowledge of MS SQL and/or Oracle SQL*Plus and ability to use these tools in an integrated environment is required
- Proven experience executing projects in a multi-user environment.
- Relevant engineering and/or construction industry experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent communication skills. Proficiency in English is a must.
- Proficiency in the use of SmartPlant Instrumentation API’s using C#.NET, VB.NET or VBA
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-081-ESYS2-Jul19-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.