SmartPlant Material Coordinator
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The HBJV has an exciting opportunity for a SmartPlant Material Coordinator role to join our team in Mississauga. The SmartPlant Material Coordinator will be responsible to work collaboratively with a team of Engineers and Specialists to coordinate and maintain instrumentation and telecommunication data available in the SmartPlant design tools to support engineering activity and preparation of procurement packages using SmartPlant Material and SmartPlant Foundation for the Jansen potash mine. As a member of the team, you will be given opportunities to use your education and experience to define processes, create execution plans, and document design and installation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide coordination and support to the project team for entering instrumentation and telecommunication procurement packages quantity in SmartPlant Material for the enquiry and award process.
- Responsible to interface with project Engineering Design Systems team and other disciplines to manage configuration and integration requirements to allow proper data exchange between the various SmartPlant design tools including SmartPlant Instrumentation, SmartPlant P&ID, SmartPlant Electrical and SmartPlant Foundation.
- Use project Data Quality reports to identify issues and resolve them in the SmartPlant design tools.
- Utilize and maintain technical databases and file structures within project files.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems or equivalent
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario
- 3 to 10 years of relevant experience, mining industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of SmartPlant design tools including understanding of database schema and SmartPlant publish and retrieve functionalities is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Critical attention to specification details and project deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Flexible and able to prioritize workload in conjunction with project delivery teams.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-026-CTRL-Feb20-T in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.