Mechanical Designer - Mining
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The HBJV has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate to Senior Mechanical Designer to join the team in Mississauga.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
- Strong personal commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Ability to work and communicate positively within a team.
- Ability to coordinate with engineers and designers both within the mining discipline and other engineering disciplines.
- Ability to deliver 3D CAD models and drawings on budget and on schedule
- Drawings from conceptual sketches through to detailed design for mine shaft equipment.
- Review technical documentation and drawings submitted by suppliers of mine shaft equipment to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Ability to prepare required deliverables within budget and on schedule.
- Provide regular feedback to the Lead Designer on status of assigned tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering Design and Drafting Diploma from an accredited college or university OR sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements;
- Experience with 2D and 3D Modelling;
- Previous experience with SmartPlant 3D (SP3D) and datacentric 3D CAD tools
- Knowledge of underground soft-rock mine design and project delivery, including the activities, interfaces and interdependence of all project disciplines (engineering, procurement, construction management and other project related disciplines).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Project experience within the underground potash mining industry is an asset.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-023-MEC-Jan20-T in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.