Senior Electrical Designer
Senior Electrical Designer for Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Heavy Industrial or Power projects, in an EPC environment.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate or prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs, and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of medium size with minimal technical oversight.
- Coordinate technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
- Designs medium/low voltage distribution system.
- Design electric heat tracing.
- Performs technical bid evaluation/recommendation and vendor document review.
- Prepares engineering deliverables such as hazardous area classification drawings; single/three line diagrams, control schematics, grounding and lighting drawings, cable schedules, panel schedules and electrical equipment data sheets; equipment sizing, cable sizing, voltage drop, motor starting and lighting calculations, load flow, fault calculations, relay coordination.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Provide technical direction, assign/review work of engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered.
- Minimum 8 years in electrical engineering for Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Heavy Industrial or Power projects, in an EPC environment.
- A recognized degree or diploma in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, OR a professional license in an appropriate engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board, OR;
- Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written).
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-027-ELDR-Feb20-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.