Project Risk Manager
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The HBJV is looking for a Project Risk Manager to support Jansen. The Project Risk Manger is responsible to implement, facilitate and control Risk Management activities on project in accordance with client and Bantrel corporate risk management policies and procedures. Adopt Risk Management Plan and Risk Register developed in previous stages of the project, maintaining overall control including continuous monitoring of project risks and mitigation activities. Facilitate identification of new risks and development of required mitigation plans.
*Please note that this position is eligible for relocation assistance
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare Project Risk Management Plan
- Facilitate the process of identifying and evaluating project risks and help client and project leadership select the appropriate combination of risk retention and mitigation techniques
- Provide training to project personnel on Risk Management processes, tools and deliverables
- Organize, facilitate and document Risk Management meetings and follow-up on meeting actions
- Maintain and update the project Risk Register
- Verify implementation of planned risk controls and test controls for effectiveness including those of Bantrel, as well as construction contractors, service providers, vendors and other project participants involved in the construction program, to ensure the controls are operating as intended to effectively manage the risks
- Forecast the Risk Allowance to be reported in the project financial statement using a statistical analysis of the Risk Register
- Provide cost uncertainty analyses using statistical techniques
- Provide schedule uncertainty and risk analyses using statistical techniques
- Prepare Risk Reports
- Prepare the Risk Management section of the project close-out report including lessons learned and recommendations on opportunities to improve the Risk Management process
- Coordinate and facilitate HAZOP and similar sessions.
- Must be willing to transition to the construction site as part of the construction management team.
- Positive attitude towards colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong communicator who can facilitate discussions without controlling the agenda
- Adaptable to multiple professional cultures.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years progressive experience in the functions of risk management
- Experience with project execution preferred especially in the EPC industry on mega projects
- An extensive technical knowledge of risk, liability, finance, legal, commercial or actuarial principles and concepts desirable
- Experience using risk management software such as Predict, ARM and others.
- Experience with management of construction hazards and risks for large industrial projects
- Experience with engineering and construction contractual issues desirable.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-010-COR-JUL20-T in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.