Bantrel has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Planner to join our team in Edmonton. The Planner performs schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities when delegated. Supervises planning/scheduling activities when delegated. Ensures work is completed as scheduled. Identifies schedule-associated cost trends for management attention.
A. Supervision Received
• Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Supervision Exercised
• Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
• Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers, in the home office and at jobsite(s).
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares project control plans and detailed staffing utilization plans for discipline or specialty activities.
- Assists in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
- Performs personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
- Ascertains that the correct scope of work is reflected on all schedules.
- Integrates interdisciplinary schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or specialties. Works with the performing organizations and units to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan.
- Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Develops quantity release or installation curves for assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Reviews and evaluates quantity records to ensure total quantities are represented for a particular discipline or specialty.
- Develops required jobhour expenditure for assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in determining leveling decisions.
- Performs quantity, manpower, and cost resource loading for assigned schedules.
- Performs invoice preparation for payments based on cost loaded schedules as required.
- Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
- Reviews schedule data, and identifies and acquires the information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures, and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
- Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties, and identifies significant activities supporting interdisciplinary requirements. Identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
- Develops and monitors short term (2-4 week) engineering and/or construction schedules.
- Monitors schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals, and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for project considerations.
- Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports.
- Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule, and prepares and presents the Schedule Impact Report (CIAR).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering or another relevant specialization. A combination of work experience and associate level education will be considered.
- 5-10 years’ experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
- Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications. Proficiency in using multiple discipline-specific software applications currently used (e.g., Primavera, and Microsoft Project.)
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.).
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-033-PRJ-Sep19-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.