Learning & Development Specialist
Bantrel is a leader in the Canadian market, delivering end-to-end solutions across the complete spectrum of engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and construction management (CM).
As a member of the Bantrel team, you will gain exposure to some of the world’s largest and most challenging industrial projects. These signature projects and our culture of continuous improvement are what make Bantrel such a rewarding place to work for our talented team of engineers, designers, project managers, supply chain and project controls personnel, tradespeople and professional staff.
As an organization that reaches all our employees, the Human Resources department has a special role in capitalizing on opportunities and creating the future for Bantrel.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
With direction from the Manager of Human Resources and the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for the delivery of a broad scope of talent management and learning & development programs and practices to meet business and HR objectives. The scope of delivery includes research, coordination and delivery of learning solutions as well as monitoring, evaluating, recording training activities and determining program effectiveness.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Human Resources Business Partners and managers across all regions and entities;
- Work closely with the Human Resources and Leadership Teams to identify training and development needs within the organization through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers;
- Liaise regularly with Business Partners and provide status updates and recommendations which are aligned with the overall Human Resources strategy;
- Provide support for succession planning activities and review and maintenance of talent pipelines;
- Design, develop and make recommendations for learning & development curriculums and lead the rollout and implementation process;
- Create actionable communications plan, coaching plan, training plan and present to key stakeholders;
- Provide expertise in delivering a variety of performance development and feedback tools and coaching for senior leaders and individuals within a talent pipeline;
- Perform analysis of talent metrics, set objectives for talent initiatives, and measure effectiveness to elevate performance across the region;
- Understand e-learning techniques, with full involvement in the creation and/or delivery or e-learning packages;
- Administer, coordinate and troubleshoot on all learning & development related system issues and electronic courses;
- Build relationships, negotiate and be the point-of-contact with third party vendors to deliver learning events in an optimal format;
- Coordinate and monitor the Training and Tuition refund program;
- Administer and deliver on course completion tracking and reporting;
- Delivery of mandatory workshops such as Ethics and Compliance and Respectful Workplace;
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires, surveys and discussions with the business managers;
- Amend and revise programs, as necessary, to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment while staying within budget;
- Remain current with developments in training; and
- Monitor and advise on training budgets, budget usage, budget reporting, and identify areas of concern or for improvement.
Qualifications / Preferred Requirements:
- University or post-secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline with a minimum of 8 years related experience with demonstrated increasing responsibility over time or 12 years of overall experience in lieu of degree;
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing talent strategies and solutions for individuals and teams;
- Experience facilitating a variety of leadership courses for middle and senior management;
- Prior experience with learning management systems (LMS) and various methods of learning delivery such as e-learning, instructor led training, train-the-trainer, etc.;
- Exceptional communication, attention to detail, proven ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and experts to guide learning discussions and strong presentation skills;
- Creative, with experience in using traditional and new innovative tools to effectively deliver learning opportunities;
- Working knowledge of a matrix organizational structure;
- Strong technical expertise with MS Office; and
- Ability to travel in order to roll out instructor led courses.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-067-HR2-Jan20-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.