Instrumentation Field Engineer
This opportunity is in based in the Augusta, Georgia area with a single-status company relocation to Georgia.
Bantrel has an exciting opportunity to send an Intermediate or Senior Instrumentation Field Engineer to the Vogtle Electrical Generating Plant, located near Waynesboro, Georgia. The scope of work is the construction of a 2-unit nuclear power plant with a combined capacity of 2,400 MW. This project will allow Bantrel the opportunity to train and build nuclear capability into our teams as well as provide long term careers for interested individuals. The expected duration of these roles is 18+ months.
At the peak of construction, this vital project will employ up to 5,000 on site. These positions will include building tradespeople, engineers, field supervisors, construction and project managers, quality assurance professionals, safety professionals, procurement, subcontract specialists and many others.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the facility is required.
The Instrumentation Field Engineer will report to the Lead I&C Field Engineer. This individual is responsible for providing technical assistance, direction, and support to Bantrel and subcontractor field supervision for construction and installation activities for all instrumentation associated with the unit equipment and materials.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performing inspections and initiating supporting documentation for all discipline system installations on an ongoing basis.
• Providing support to field supervision in establishing requirements for manpower, tools, equipment, and material requirements for a given work evolution
• Identify scope of installation work packages for scopes of work in support of the construction schedule
• Assist Supervision in preparing short- and long-term schedules, and interfacing with the superintendents and other discipline field engineers
• Executing field material takeoffs from "Certified For Construction" drawings providing input to the quantity tracking applications and reporting on weekly installed quantities to Project Controls
• Preparing field material requests for equipment and materials, and monitoring status of purchase orders and deliveries
• Trouble-shooting the design, resolving issues with engineering and/or fabricator using formal field documentation processes
• Ensuring all installations are per latest revisions of design drawings, specifications, standards and codes
• Completing and verifying quality documentation per inspection and test plans
• Completing final system walk-downs, deficiency tracking and close-out
• Completing and reviewing as-built documentation
• Monitoring actual work performance compared to the project budget and schedule
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 6 years of related experience; in lieu of degree, 12 years of related experience is required
• Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walkdowns which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
• Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
• Must be a Canadian Citizen
• Knowledge of engineering and construction methods and processes customarily acquired over time through specialized
• instruction or practical experience
• Displays effective communications skills crucial to motivating team members and presenting plans in a clear and concise manner
• Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams
• Excellent problem-solving ability
• Experience with TEAMWorks, SETROUTE, and Maximo software programs
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-046-FE-Sep19-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.