Electrical Field Engineer
This opportunity is in based in the Augusta, Georgia area with a single-status company relocation to Georgia.
Bantrel has an exciting opportunity to send Intermediate and Senior Electrical Field Engineers to the Vogtle Electrical Generating Plant, located near Waynesboro, Georgia. The scope of work is the construction of a 2-unit nuclear power plant with a combined capacity of 2,400 MW. This project will allow Bantrel the opportunity to train and build nuclear capability into our teams as well as provide long term careers for interested individuals. The expected duration of these roles is 18+ months.
At the peak of construction, this vital project will employ up to 5,000 on site. These positions will include building tradespeople, engineers, field supervisors, construction and project managers, quality assurance professionals, safety professionals, procurement, subcontract specialists and many others.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the facility is required.
The Construction Electrical Field Engineer is responsible for activities relating to construction engineering within the electrical discipline. Duties include interpreting electrical design drawings and specifications, cable installations and terminations, field verification of materials, and technical direction to field electrical personnel as required. This position is not considered the design authority for the project, but only to enforce electrical construction per design.
- Coordinate with engineering on constructability and design issues relating to the electrical discipline such as installation and testing of electrical systems, lighting systems, high voltage equipment and grounding, and DCS systems.
- Establish an electrical design/field engineering working relationship and lines of communication with the Engineer of Record, including agreement on electrical engineering deliverables and overall construction application configuration management.
- Responsible for quantity take-off, control, tracking, reporting and forecasting for electrical discipline.
- Specify the electrical criteria for construction of temporary construction facilities as required.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Organization for field procured materials, material substitution, services and equipment including panels, motors and switchgear.
- Review material receiving reports and warehousing to assure delivery of correct electrical materials.
- Coordinate and monitor the interfaces for electrical data exchange to support the construction automation plan and the project controls program requirements at the jobsite.
- Support the electrical construction quality program.
- Direct preparation of cost estimates for electrical construction activities and coordinate the preparation of cost reports, forecast and progress reports.
- Coordinate with Field Supervision and Subcontractors to plan/support construction schedules.
- Plan and recommend electrical procedures to be implemented by Field Supervision to ensure construction operations are within requirements of engineering design and specifications.
- Work with customer’s resident engineering and operating personnel to coordinate electrical construction activities.
- Coordinate subcontract activities to ensure electrical materials, equipment and quality comply with design plans and specifications.
- Implement controls over variables affecting electrical installation progress such as raceway, cable, terminations and equipment. Also ensure engineering and procurement provide timely delivery of drawings, materials and equipment and that other corporate programs are fully utilized.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Junior/Intermediate Level Roles: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience, or 7 years of relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Senior Level Roles: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience, or 12 years of relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walkdowns which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen
- Experience in construction and technical inspection of electrical design in areas such as installation and testing of electrical systems, lighting systems, high voltage equipment, grounding, DCS systems and cable pulling activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). Demonstrated commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
- Must be computer-literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Must be familiar with current industry quality standards.
- Working knowledge with ASME NQA-1 1994, 2008 and Addendum 2009.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in field engineering activities of nuclear power and non-reactor nuclear facility EPC projects.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- Must be career driven and seeking long term permanent employment
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-046-FE2-Sep19-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.