Construction Applications Support Specialist
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The HBJV is seeking a leader in the field of construction applications support. The Construction Application Support Specialist will have working experience with construction application technologies related to the following site activities or functions such as HSE, Workforce Management, Field Engineering, Quality, work packaging, progressing, completions and turnover. We are in search of a task oriented, self-starter who is confident and has exceptional communication skills. You will be a person who thrives in a construction site environment as this is a site-based role that will require rotational travel to/from the construction site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Construction Application Support Specialist is responsible for implementation and maintenance of construction automation tools and processes at the construction jobsite. Ensures all requirements as defined in the construction standard procedures and processes are met to allow the Construction Management team and Contractors to properly use the Integrated Construction center (ICC) and associated applications. Other key duties and responsibilities include:
- Daily interface with other application support specialists, CMT personnel and Contractor users of the ICC and associated applications
- Support all construction application users on the project including the CMT and contractor teams
- Provides user training as required to users within the CMT and contractor teams
- Identifies innovative ways of enhancing system use, innovative application of automation, performance, quality and utilization
- Interface with the home office development team to ensure identified enhancements and improvements are implemented in a timely and effective manner
- Ensures compliance with functional work process procedures
- regular communication with key stakeholders including site functional managers and home office development teams
- develop any additional training materials to support the user requirements of site personnel
- multi-tasking, coordination and troubleshooting skills are essential to ensure applications and users are maximizing their productivity;
- A recognized degree in computer science, information systems from an accredited university; OR
- A recognized diploma in a computer science, information systems or computers discipline from an accredited college; OR proven experience in the described role AND progressive work experience,
- Previous on-site construction experience with an understanding and knowledge of construction installation activities, methodologies and processes;
- Proficient technical ability and knowledge of IT and EP environments, specifically for site construction methodologies;
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working in an application support role, providing technical guidance and training to users in the following functions or applications:
- Health, Safety and Environment applications
- Workforce Management and onboarding applications
- Construction progressing and work packaging applications
- Project Controls applications
- Completions and Turnover applications
- Exposure to Agile development methodology to be able to support and assist the home office development team;
- Experience with software configuration and software quality assurance methodologies;
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-028-IST-Nov19-S in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.