Whether your project is large or small...
Job Title: Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
Reference Number: B-025-CSA-Nov18-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
The Senior Structural Engineer plans and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Will devise new approaches to solving problems. May be assigned as a Sub-Lead Engineer on a project.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work in a project or staff group.
• Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice, but may include complex features, such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
• Plans, coordinates and prepares work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment.
• Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
• When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
• Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
• Prepares letters to vendors and clients.
• Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendation.
• Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
• Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
• Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
• Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers.
• Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
• Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques.
• Devises new approaches to technical problems.
• Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of medium size or within a unit/silo of a large project and complexity within the business line with minimal technical oversight.
• Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
• Provides leadership for the team supervised. Provides technical direction for specific tasks and assigns work to subordinate senior engineers, engineers, designers, drafters or project sub-groups.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 10+ years’ experience in the EPC industry.
• Post-Secondary Civil Engineer Degree or equivalent is required.
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) license is preferred.
• Broad knowledge of precedents in EPC industry is an asset
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-025-CSA-Nov18-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.