Job Title: Planner/Scheduler
Reference Number: B-030-PC2-Feb19-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
As the Planner/ Scheduler you would be responsible for planning and scheduling different phases of engineering, procurement & construction primarily related to the Oil & Gas Industry.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of Projects in the following phases:
- Front-End Engineering
- Detailed Engineering
- Construction and Startup/Commissioning (Interfacing with Client)
- Directly interfaces with engineers, construction supervision, and management as necessary at the planning stages of the project and during the execution of the project.
- Directly interfaces with the Client Project Management team, when necessary, and provides appropriate solutions related to planning/ scheduling
- Prepares Resource-loaded Baseline Schedules and Schedule Basis documents, detailing execution/ contracting strategies, assumptions, allowances and critical path analysis
- Updates and maintains project schedules and progress
- Independently provides analysis and workarounds, when required, to mitigate schedule delays
- Works with project controls counterparts – cost analysts & estimators – to align schedules with estimate, cost and earned value progress systems
- Reviews potential changes against project scope/ execution plans and provides inputs on schedule impact of scope changes and trends
- An Engineering degree AND/OR Relevant Qualification in the field of Planning/ Scheduling and Project Management
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the field of Planning and Scheduling
- Work experience primarily in the Canadian Oil & Gas industry, preferably with Engineering or EPC Consultants
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling concepts
- Expert level of proficiency in Primavera P6
- Must possess strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing and solving problems
- Right to work and remain in the country of assignment
- Software skills associated with export/ import of schedule data using Excel and other database tools, an asset
- Preference will be given to individuals with relevant industry recognized Planning/ Scheduling Certifications (example PSP, PMI-SP)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-030-PC2-Feb19-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.