Whether your project is large or small...
Job Title: Control Systems/Instrumentation Designer/Engineer
Reference Number: B-026-CTRL-May19-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Bantrel is seeking dynamic individuals for our Edmonton office to work with various clients we serve in the oil, gas, and petrochemical industries. The candidate should have 5-10 years of experience in control systems and instrumentation design and implementation. The candidate shall be comfortable in providing solid technical solutions and strategies for upgrades, replacements, and new installations of instrumentation and control systems.
This is a contract position for 6 months with a potential of extention.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and review engineering work packages, loop diagrams, wiring diagrams, data sheets and P & ID markups
• Sizing of control valves and flow devices
• Prepare various design calculations used in the discipline
• Assist with the Front End development of projects
• Specify instrumentation and control hardware ensuring functionality, material selection, and safety
• Work with other disciplines in the overall assignment to coordinate designs.
• Prepare bulk material quantity takeoffs and material requisitions for materials applicable to the discipline.
• Compile, maintain and access job drawing files, records, and drawing controls, as instructed.
• Work independently and take initiative to research information to complete assignments within the budgeted time
• Participate in and foster a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• 5 - 15 years in Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Heavy Industrial or Power projects in an EPC or facilities environment.
• A recognized degree or diploma in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, or;
• Specialized courses in an engineering discipline, engineering design and practice, and practical work experience to the degree necessary to perform the responsibilities
• Knowledgeable in preparation of Data Sheets, Material Requisitions, Wiring Diagrams, Control Narratives, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Logic Diagrams, Test Documents, and Engineering Work Packages.
• Excellent communication skills (Oral and written).
• Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards.
• Proficient with valve and instrumentation application, sizing and specification.
• Familiarity with DCS/PLC/SCADA/SIS.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-026-CTRL-May19-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted.