Job Title: Civil Structural Designer
Reference Number: B-025-CSA2-May19-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or develop 2-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings from design concepts by senior designer/engineer within the discipline or from design documents of the front-end disciplines.
- Prepare portions of 3-D CAD design model under the supervision of experienced designers.
- Prepare bulk material quantity takeoffs for materials applicable to the discipline.
- Work with designers in other disciplines in the overall assignment to coordinate designs.
- Comply, maintain and access job drawing files, records, and drawing controls, as instructed.
- Participate in and foster a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Engineering Design and Drafting Diploma from an accredited college or university OR;
- Sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements, AND;
- Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and Written).
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-025-CSA2-May19-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.