- Large, experienced team: Bantrel has one of the largest and most experienced procurement teams in Canada. Our focus on employee engagement, leadership training, and managing performance ensures consistent and predictable procurement results for our customers.
Local expertise, global footprint: We maximize procurement performance by leveraging our experience in local, regional, and global supply markets with our significant market purchasing power.
- More than 200 local and regional construction subcontractors pre-qualified to our execution and HSE performance standards
- More than 120,000 suppliers and fabricators in our global supplier information system
- Performance data on key suppliers and contractors
- A combined annual Bantrel/Bechtel spend of $30 billion
- Ability to incorporate customers’ supply networks and agreements
Leading market research: Bantrel is the only EPC company in Canada that conducts annual domestic supply market surveys. Our market research is supported by our participation in Bechtel’s global procurement network, and the wealth of global market data Bechtel collects and synthesizes. Regular market updates and publications ensure efficient results for our Customers.
- Global Supply Trends (Annual)
- Canadian Fabrication Update (Quarterly)
- Global Supply Update (Monthly)
- Supply Alerts (Bi-weekly)
- Integrated procurement systems: We manage complex supply chains through a sophisticated procurement system proven on hundreds of projects in Canada and globally. Our procurement system seamlessly integrates with our engineering and construction systems and can be integrated with common business technologies such as SAP. We also track and manage the flow of material to align with construction sequencing, and a robust set of eSourcing solutions minimizes procurement cycle time and project costs.
Full-range services: We offer the following full range of procurement and contract services to support our projects:
- Project procurement
- Planning and management
- Contract management
- Transportation and logistics
- Material management
- Field procurement
- Supplier quality surveillance
- Access to Bechtel Supplier Quality and Expediting (BSQE) services