Job Title: Senior Process Engineer
Reference Number: B-021-PRC-Nov27-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
- Responsible for assigned Process Engineering activities on sustaining capital projects
- Apply broad and diversified knowledge of Process Engineering principles and practices
- Provide process design input to projects, working under Lead Process Engineers
- Brings forward creative & practical solutions as the Senior Process Engineer on the project
- Represent the discipline on the project to resolve project-specific challenges
- Must have strong communication skills and excellent presentation skills
- Stationed in Edmonton office
- May involve field visits to client operating sites to field check, collect data & attend meetings
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process engineering design inside engineering/procurement/construction (EPC) office
- Assignment may include front-end development project facilities design from concept to FEED stage
- Assignment may include detailed engineering & construction support
- Provides comprehensive complex engineering and design services by establishing the design criteria and implementing the preparation of specifications, design computations and deliverables in accordance with project requirements
- Process design of equipment such as pumps, compressors, PSVs, flare systems, storage tanks, vessels, control valves, distillation columns, heat exchangers, furnaces
- Reviews and approves key Process engineering drawings and calculations, including design documents relating to the Process discipline
- Performs squad checking of other engineering discipline documents and drawings
- Attends regular HAZOP reviews as cold-eye process design engineer
- A recognized degree in chemical engineering discipline, from an accredited college or university, or a professional license in engineering from the appropriate recognized licensing board, or specialized courses in relevant engineering
- Licensed professional in good standing
- 15 – 20 years of broad progressive work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field Engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering / construction firms.
- Must have minimum 3 years engineering experience in an industrial process plant setting such as petrochemical, oil refining, chemical production, power generation
- Must have minimum 2 years process design experience in one of the following oil refinery unit operations: Crude / Vacuum, Hydro-treating, Hydro-cracking, Delayed Coking, Amine/Sulphur Recovery, Alkylation, Fluid Catalytic Cracking
- Must possess excellent communication skills to interact with internal customers and external clients
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference code B-021-PRC-Nov27-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.