Job Title: Senior Control Systems Engineer (Site)
Reference Number: B-026-CTRL-Jan18-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
Bantrel is seeking a dynamic individual for a site position in the Edmonton area with one of our customers in the oil and gas sector. The candidate should have 15-25 years of experience in control systems and instrumentation design and implementation. With a solid understanding of instrumentation/controls fundamentals, the candidate shall be comfortable in providing solid technical solutions and strategies for upgrades, replacements, and new installations of instrumentation and control systems. Communication skills are key as the individual will need to network with other facility groups to ensure successful implementation of projects. A mentoring and teamwork attitude is expected in order to relay the pros and cons of various solutions to other stakeholders.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The position is responsible for preparation and presentation of engineering packages suitable for various gate reviews (e.g. engineering design basis and front end);
- Control systems support for engineering packages prepared by other groups;
- Providing technical advice and options screening; and
- Day to day support and problem resolution for various instrumentation or control system issues as they may arise.
- 15-25 years of experience with Oil & Gas, Refinery, Petrochemical, Pipeline, Heavy Industrial or Power projects, in an EPC or facility environment;
- A recognized degree or diploma in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university; and
- A professional license in an appropriate engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board, or experience sufficient in order to be able to obtain such a license (P.Eng. or P.L.(Eng.)).
Skills / Job Knowledge / Experience:
The ideal candidate:
- Should be a self-learner with an entrepreneurial attitude;
- Understands the engineering process from conception through to detailed engineering;
- Has significant control systems and instrumentation design experience in either a plant or engineering office setting;
- Has excellent communication skills and able to talk with all levels of personnel in an organization;
- Has a sense of business in order to suggest cost effective solutions that also meet the technical challenges;
- Is familiar with DCS/PLC/SCADA/SIS/BMS and the various related subsystems and communication protocols;
- Is familiar with typical instrumentation and control systems suppliers and their products;
- Considers themselves as highly knowledgeable in several areas of instrumentation and controls;
- Is knowledgeable with typical engineering deliverables and calculations related to specification, sizing, and wiring of various instrumentation and control systems components;
- Is knowledgeable with applicable instrumentation and control systems standards, codes and regulations; and
- Has intermediate to advanced computer skills.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-026-CTRL-Jan18-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.