Job Title: Project Manager
Reference Number: B-016-PRJ1-Aug17-E
Location: Edmonton (Alberta)
The Project Manager provides leadership to the EPC disciplines on the capital projects and ensures work plans are developed and are aligned with the Project Execution Plan and project Job Instructions (JIs) and project goals for safety, quality, health, environment, regulatory, schedule and cost.
The ideal candidate would have an electrical engineering background.
Technical responsibilities include:
- Interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating all aspects of EPC work on the project.
The duties include:
- Full EPC oversight and ownership of projects from FEED to MCTO in conjunction with Engineering, Procurement and Construction;
- Completion of FEED and Detailed Design;
- Acquisition of materials, equipment and accessories;
- Budget and funding approvals; and
- Schedule development and approvals including milestone identification.
*Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
- Assists the Program Engineering Manager in establishing the detailed Project Engineering Plan, as required;
- Together with the Program Manager, Construction Manager, Project Field Leads and Procurement; champions and stewards the Project Execution Plan;
- Prepares, or recommends, project procedures for engineering, as required;
- Stewards the safety, health, environmental and quality objectives of the project; Engaged in the Safety program. Participates in Leadership safety walks.
- Assists the discipline leads in developing the detailed work plans to support the Project Execution Plan. The detailed work plans includes the scope of work, list of deliverables, staffing plans, man-hours budget, and the schedule for each deliverables and includes managing the portfolio manager and Productivity and Progress reporting.
- Defines and controls EPC work scope for the project;
- Reviews and approves for engineering the design documents, trends, change orders, material requisitions, technical portion of bid tabs, engineering studies, quantity take-offs, man-hour forecasts, progress reports and, through concerned disciplines, coordinates resolutions for field initiated engineering questions on engineering (RFIs);
- Manages and coordinates EPC deliverables and provides inter-discipline coordination for the design and engineering of the project, including weekly technical meetings with action item lists and minutes, as required;
- Organizes, assists and participates in Plot Plan reviews, PFD reviews, P&ID reviews, HAZOP, 3D model reviews, and Constructability reviews, value improving practices, client safety and operations reviews of the design work and quality checking plan including field checking;
- Assumes ownership of the project scope, material quantities, engineering man-hour budget, EPC schedule, interface date(s) of procurement schedule and project technical standards;
- Champions capital efficiency on the project stewarding change management to the project objectives and strategies;
- Reviews EPC progress against approved schedules, evaluates changes and recommends corrective action to the Program Manager and Program Engineering Manager, when required;
- Manages the flow of information between disciplines, procurement, construction, the PME and third parties to ensure project progress;
- Ensures availability of all required project materials;
- Responsible for EPC budget and Management of Change (MOC) for the project from FEED to MCTO;
- Responsible to monitor forecast at complete and trend process;
- Establishes and maintains effective lines of communication and provides operational day-to-day leadership with the EPC management lead’s;
- Leads the readiness review before the start of construction and after completion of design. Communicates the project requirements to the Construction Management team and Project Field Lead; and
- Maintains contact with the client, Process Licensor, project/jobsite personnel, sellers and Regulatory Agencies.
- EPC Execution Plan;
- Gate 3 Estimate and Schedule;
- Equipment Strategies;
- Lessons Learned;
- Portfolio manager EPC;
- Progress and productivity report accuracy;
- Interacts with owner PME including project meetings and walks;
- Estimate development, submission and approval;
- Interacts with PFL’s (Project Field Leads) and the Discipline FL’s (Field Leads) as required;
- Cost codes for DFL Construction kick off; and
- Ensures good communication between engineering and construction.
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited university; OR
- A recognized diploma in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college; AND
- Progressive work experience, including supervision roles, preferably in project engineering but may include other relevant types of engineering including start-up, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or engineering/construction firms;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, skilled in supervision, and leads the engineering team by example;
- Multi-tasking and coordination skills executing complex projects in a high pressure and fast-paced environment;
- Strong in interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- Excellent in both oral and written communications skills, especially regarding issues which have potential contractual implications;
- A self-motivated person who can motivate others;
- Communicates in a proactive, accurate and positive manner at all times;
- Proficient technical ability and knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures;
- Working knowledge of the industry and regulatory standards, procurement and construction systems and procedures;
- Takes charge and be responsible for attaining the project design and engineering goals with regard to safety, quality, health, environment, cost and schedule;
- Be able to identify practical “work-arounds” to the Project Engineering Manager, Construction Manager and Program Manager to maintain project goals;
- Skilled in customer relationship management.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-016-PRJ1-Aug17-E in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letter in Word format only.